Let’s be Reel: Facebook’s short-form video format is the new black. According to Oberlo, it is expected to reach 242.86 million US Facebook users by 2023. With Facebook’s extensive audience, Reels ad placement is a prime spot for advertisers to run their video ad campaigns. The latest HubSpot report shows that 90% of marketers are increasing their investment in short-form videos this year.
Facebook Reels let you create short videos that people can watch with sound to capture viewers’ attention. They’re fun, engaging, and easy to scan—so they’re ideal for brands to show their authentic side and make it more receptive to consumers.
This article will show you how to create Facebook reels that attract viewers and tap new audiences.
Getting Started With Facebook Reels
Let us zoom in and look at the features of Facebook Reels and harness its power to supercharge your campaigns. Like TikTok, Reel’s powerful tools allow marketers to edit and enhance short-form videos to capture viewers’ attention. Based on ad results of numerous Facebook campaigns using vertical videos, bite-sized clips have performed well in connecting with viewers through their visually engaging and entertaining content.
To access Facebook Reels using your mobile phones, you may find the option via your Feed, Groups, and Menu bar.
Related article: The Instagram Reels Ad Placement Effect: Setting Up IG Paid Campaigns for Success
Understanding Facebook Reel
Add video to your Facebook posts and updates with one tap. Shoot new clips while you create a reel and show off pictures from your existing photo library. Creating a Facebook Reel can be easy:
- Log into your Facebook account and make sure you have the latest version. Then tap Create or click the Camera icon on the top right part when viewing reels
- Add video to your Reel: record a video on your phone or choose from the video clips from your phone gallery
- Add the following to make your Reel stand out:
- Audio– add audio from the music library or record your own
- Text– add text overlays
- Effects– choose video effects or filters
- Stickers– you have the option to add stickers, GIFs, or emojis available
- Greenscreen– choose a video background if you want to record on the go. Note: you cannot use video effects and greenscreen at the same time
- Tap Next when you’re finished. Write a description that will catch people’s attention. Add relevant hashtags to expand your reach.
- Set the Facebook reels audience. Reels are public by default, but reels from business or creator pages can only post publicly. You have the option to Share your Facebook Reel on Instagram. To catch new viewers and increase engagement rates, toggle Enable Remix to let other viewers stitch with your Facebook video reels.
- To publish, tap Share now.
Clear the Confusion: Understanding the Differences between Facebook and Instagram Reels
Many marketers are also confused about the differences between Instagram and Facebook Reels. Both platforms operate under the same umbrella of Meta and share many similarities. However, there are also key differences, which we’ll answer the basic Facebook Reels FAQ to find out.
- Can you create a reel on one platform and cross-post it to another?
Yes, it is possible to cross-post content — unless you don’t want to. By default, posting Facebook Reels doesn’t automatically cross-post on Instagram. And the user needs to toggle the option to share on the other platform.
- Will the views count double if I post my Instagram reel on Facebook?
No, metrics such as likes and views will merge with what you got from platforms.
- Are there any differences between the comments viewers see on Facebook Reels and those on Instagram?
Yes, each platform will have its comment section.
- If I share my Instagram reel on Facebook, what handle is displayed?
It will display your Instagram username.
- Can the viewers identify which platform the reels originated from?
Yes, if the Facebook Reel has a small Instagram icon at the bottom corner, that means the Reel originated on Instagram.
- Is it possible to add auto-generated closed captioning on Facebook Reels?
Yes, adding auto-generated captions is possible on Facebook Reels but not Instagram. In both, you can add text manually and customize it.
- Can I add a cover photo on my Facebook Reels?
No, this feature is unavailable on Facebook.
- Is it possible to tag a location on my Facebook Reels?
As per writing, tagging a location and user are only available on Instagram.
The two platforms are almost the same, except for one big difference that can benefit marketers. Content on Facebook Reels appears on users’ Feeds whether or not they follow you, extending the reach of your video ads to new eyeballs—and letting you reach potential customers who might not have come across your brand page otherwise.
Facebook Reels Tips and Best Practices
There is no magic recipe for making a video that gets noticed on Facebook. However, you can increase your chances of success by following simple tips and best practices.
- Make it engaging: Entertain your audience with captivating content that compels them to take action.
- Keep up or start a trend: Inspire a trend that others can quickly join. Keep an eye on current trends in your industry, then create similar content.
- Use Facebook creative tools: Add text, filters, and camera effects to make your reels stand out.
- Use video transitions: Start your video with a hook, and then use transitions to show viewers the before-and-after transformation of your product or service.
- Use vertical videos. Keep your phone upright when creating your Facebook Reel. Like TikTok, YouTube Shorts, and Instagram Reels which are vertical video platforms, Facebook Reels are set up for vertical video.
- Incorporate music: Use original or licensed music from Facebook’s library to make your Reel entertaining and easy to remember. You can even join in on trending sounds.
- Experiment with new ways of creating reels—it could lead you to discover an unexpected style that will help you connect with your audience.
- Show off your skills with good lighting and video techniques as this can make or break your social media videos. Without good lighting, your content can look dull and unappealing.
- Don’t forget to put captions and hashtags: Captions aren’t just subtitles. They can highlight a video’s key takeaways and make viewers more likely to remember the most important points.
- Lead with your brand: Get your brand identity in front of your audience immediately. If you use an existing video, edit it so that your product or brand features early within the first 15 seconds.
Awareness campaigns can reach new audiences with visually rich content. Short-form content works best in scrollable and vertical mobile presentation spaces, while long-form campaigns drive deeper insight and more complex concepts. Facebook Reels present an opportunity to showcase your brand in a fun, visual way. They make up more than 20% of video viewers, and it’s forecasted to grow this year.
Take Your Facebook Advertising Efforts To New Heights With Facebook Reels
With 2.9 billion active users, Facebook is currently the world’s largest social media network, offering your brand a huge potential to reach new audiences. Boost your reach, engagement, and conversions by leveraging the power of Facebook Reels ads.
We, the team at StrikeSocial, are experts in Facebook advertising, and we’ll help you succeed. Optimizing your campaigns to maximize performance, helping you succeed in your advertising goals, and making the most of your advertising budget.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to unlock the great potential of Facebook Reels. Contact us today to learn more about how this powerful advertising platform can help you achieve your campaign targets.